According to current research, Château Monbousquet’s origins date back to 1540. At this time the estate belonged to a gentleman named François de Lescours, about whom the archives tell us little.
The following century, in 1682, Monbousquet became the property of Henri de Gères, and two years later he gave the estate a pleasant residence situated some 500 meters from the Saint-Emilion hill. Over the following centuries a long succession of owners left their mark on the property.